Sunday, January 25, 2015

A Tiny Miracle and an Answer

January 2013 came and I made my move to Yakima, WA. Bryan and I continued to date long distance and I was still trying to figure out my answer. I was really getting frustrated because I was not getting one and Bryan well bless his heart he was giving me the time I needed and was not putting any pressure on me . I was settling in to my new place and the new winter weather that I was not used to experiencing. 
As posted before Nico decided that he wanted to make an early appearance. He was due on March 18th but decided that he wanted to come in January 31st instead. Melissa had gone to a doctors appointment and she send me a text telling me she was being send to the hospital. I figured I would go and keep her company at the hospital. As I was getting ready to cross the street to walk into the hospital I got a call from my brother telling me they were taking Melissa in for an emergency C-section. I'm still in denial of how fast things were moving because I come into the room and see Dad (I've adopted Melissa's parents as my own) and he tells me they've taken Melissa to the ER. I ask him if we could say a little prayer as we wait for Melissa and baby news.
By this time the anxiety is building up because I know I have to call my Mom and tell her whats going on and I'm starting to freak out because I don't know what's going on and I don't know that everything is going to be ok.
At that moment I call Bryan and I tell him what's going on and here I am in Yakima, WA in the hallway of a hospital having a meltdown and he is in Spain. In good ol Bryan fashion he makes everything ok, he reassures me and I know that everything will be fine, Melissa and Baby will be ok. A few minutes later I met Nico.
As I stood there looking at this tiny miracle everything made perfect sense. I knew that I wanted Bryan by my side to go through life with and hopefully he still wanted me by his side too. No matter what life threw at us as long as he was with me life would be good. There was no doubt in my mind that he was my person and if Heavenly Father ever blessed me with children I wanted them to be Bryan's children. I had my answer, now time to tell Bryan.
As soon as he answers he ask how everyone is doing and if there's anything he can do. I give him an update and send him pictures so he can meet Nico. I then tell him "So remember that question? I have an answer for you. The answer is YES! There's no one in the world I would want to go through trials and happy times than with you. I loved you since the day at met you and I love you more than ever today." There was silence at the end of the line. I actually asked if he was still there. Because by now I'm thinking "Oh man what if he changed his mind and is trying to find the words to tell me no and I just made a fool of myself." He finally answers and says "Yes I'm still here and I knew you would say yes." Bryan overnighted the ring. I'm officially engaged!




No comments:

Post a Comment