Tuesday, January 20, 2015

And the Plot Thickens




  USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) steams through the Pacific Ocean wallpapers


As most of you know I left my work with the Navy and moved to the Pacific Northwest. Everything that could've gone wrong went wrong. Seattle was everything I wanted in a city but it was a hard place to make friends. People had either grown up together, went to college or worked together. Breaking in as the new girl was hard.  As I was beginning to question my decision of moving who gets transferred to Bremerton, WA? Now CDR Smith, I of course was over the moon to finally have a friend in Seattle. But as luck would have it he was deployed  with the USS John C. Stennis as soon as he got here. It turned out I had three friends all deployed on the same carrier at the same time. Being the good friend that I am I made sure to send care packages for "My Boys" as they became known. 


Now this is where the story gets interesting,  I remember a conversation that I had with Bryan while he was deployed. They were getting ready to get home and I was telling him my great plan to set him up with my friend as soon as he came back. To my surprise Bryan became angry and said " You know Monica you're such a guy sometimes!" He then handed the phone to my other friend Sean and I told him the conversation and how confused I was as to what had just happened. Sean replied "You know Smith is in love with you right? Oh my god you really have no clue? You're a man stuck in a woman body De Leon." I blew it off as those two just messing with me.


When Bryan returned from deployment he came back hell bend on us dating. In his words  "I will keep asking until one day you'll say yes to me."Anyone that knows me, knows that I love dating, its commitment I hate. As soon as someone wants to date exclusively I want to date other people. So when Bryan told me his great idea I was freaked out. My fear wasn't because I didn't like Bryan it was the complete opposite. Bryan was one of the most amazing people you would ever meet. He was everything I wasn't. He was kind, funny, super smart. Bryan saw many things in the world and yet he still saw the best in people. I was afraid of not being enough of loosing my friend.


At this time as we tried to figure things out the NAVY decided to transfer Bryan to Spain. At this time we decided best for us to remain friends and if things were meant to work out they would. Bryan left for his new duty station in Madrid, Spain and I remained here in Seattle, WA.




No comments:

Post a Comment