Sunday, January 25, 2015

Cracker Jacks and a Question

One night while in Russia we decided to go for a walk and then dinner. The city looked beautiful with all the snow on the ground and the dim lights.We talked and laughed and we finally made it to this small mom and pop restaurant and had the best meal ever, I was getting close to be in a food coma when Bryan sees a guy playing guitar and ask if he could borrow it. People who knew Bryan wouldn't think too much of this because well that's who he was plus I had just figured he'd made a new friend haha.

Bryan sang a song that I'd heard before in a movie and had told him how much I loved it. The song is "Never Had by Oscar Isaac." ( http://youtu.be/vEvIaQifj5c )I believe there are moments in our life where we touch heaven where everything is just as it should be and one feels a type of happiness that we never thought it was humanly possible to feel.
And at that moment Bryan said "I know this is not Yankee's Stadium but hope this helps." At that moment he gave me a Cracker Jack Box with a ring tied around it with a red ribbon. A side story about Yankee Stadium is that years ago a friend of ours Fernando Garcia was trying to figure out how to propose to his girlfriend and he asked me "How would you want to be proposed to?" I replied "Oh that's easy! I want to be proposed to at Yankee's Stadium and have the ring put in a Cracker Jack Box." I have to admit I got funny looks from those two but I had long forgotten the conversation until that December night in Russia when Bryan asked me to marry him. Ok now back to the question at hand. You're thinking I said YES! Actually, I didn't. Bryan knew me well enough that he knew I was going to freak out! I was just wrapping my head around the fact that I was dating CAPT Smith!! The hottie that walked into my office to introduce himself as the new JAG Officer years ago, my best friend.  In his asking he said "I know your answer is going to be no but I need you to know that this is the end game I see for us, marriage." My reply was "I am not saying yes but I am not saying no either. When I have my answer I will let you know and I will not look back." Two days later Bryan left for Spain and I headed back to Seattle.











No comments:

Post a Comment